Why get a CCTV Chimney Survey?
It can be extremely difficult to diagnose a chimney problem without further investigation. In the past, you would have had to knock a hole into the chimney, work with a very messy, limited point of access and no guarantee of finding the cause.
With Torbay Sweeps CCTV chimney surveys, we use the latest technology so you can be assured of a clean and effective way of identifying the problems. The advance chimney camera is able to record high quality footage of your chimney and identify any problems or issues, resulting with the appropriate solutions.
Depending on your needs, we offer 2 different types of CCTV surveys, root finding survey and full chimney survey.
The benefits of a CCTV chimney survey
There are a number of reasons why you should consider a CCTV chimney survey:
- Our cameras have a 360 degrees rotational view, giving a clearer view of your flue/chimney
- Our cameras are small and compact, so no damage will be caused to your chimney
- Easy and quick way to identify the problems with your chimney
- You will receive video footage of our investigations alongside a detailed report of any issues
Do you need a CCTV root finding survey?
There are a number reasons and circumstances to why a CCTV root finding survey is a good choice to make. You may want to consider a root finding survey if:
- Your chimney/flue has a blockage that sweeping alone cannot remove
- You have suffered a chimney fire – we can tell you whether your chimney is safe to use
- Thinking about buying a property or have recently bought and wish to find out if your new chimney/flue is safe to use
- Identify whether you should have your chimney lined?
- Your flue fails an integrity test
- If you want to reinstate an old flue
- Check before and after building works have been carried out on a party wall
There are a number of other reasons why you may want to get a root finding survey, if you have any question please feel free to give us a call. On completion, we will discuss the footage and images of any problems found, advising on the best solutions going forward.
Do you need a full chimney CCTV survey?
A full chimney CCTV survey is a more in-depth camera inspection of you whole chimney. The CCTV full survey report can be utilised by surveyors, estate agents or insurance companies. With this survey we will take videos and images of your chimney and write a full survey report for you to keep. Please get in touch for further details.